Thursday, November 13, 2008

P90X


I've kept quiet about my weight loss and fitness goals, but in the last few months I have actually made a big change in my life by finally working on losing the weight I've been steadily putting on for the last 3 years. Pretty much as soon as I changed jobs from standing 8 hours a day to sitting, I gained about 10 pounds right away. Then from eating out at fast food places every day I gained another 10...and so on.

I decided almost on a whim to make an effort to lose weight. I stopped eating at fast food places every day. I started exercising 3x a week at the rec center. I copied the Turbo Jam workout videos and started doing those too. I even started lifting weights.

I have successfully dropped 17 pounds. I don't feel that it is very noticeable, but when my family came to visit from Colorado (people who had not seen me in months)they said they could see a change.

I'm only about halfway to my goal, but I've decided to try the P90X system. My problem with working out is that I get bored of the same routine quickly. This system should be good for me because it comes with 12 different videos to do.

I want to tone up and be able to do a real pushup and get into my skinny jeans. I think that is reasonable. I don't have aspirations of a size 0 or having Madonna arms. :)

1 comments:

Freddy Cat said...

Nice work!!! Keep it up Tori! Let me know how this system works for you.