Thursday, November 20, 2008

Handbag Heaven


Coach > Life

Some girls like shoes, for others it's hats, or maybe jewelry. But for me it is very obviously handbags.
I started "collecting" them in High School. The great thing about holding on to your old bags is that I can go through them and reconnect to the time when I carried them. Like I can remember which bag I was carrying when I met Ben for the first time or when I went to England to meet Bex and all the hobbits.
I have my favorites, some that I don't even carry that often like my big cherry bag or my green coach that got compliments everywhere I took it. Yet, I don't think I could name a definitive favorite.
I'm probably most proud of my little Coach collection. I'm not usually a brand snob, but I really like some of the bags Coach makes and the quality is usually worth the hefty price tag. Also, I have yet to purchase a Coach bag at retail price due to the handy outlet in Park City.

So today I got bored and decided to pull out my bags and take "inventory" of them.

6 Coach
2 Dooney and Burke
1 Kate Spade
29 Assorted Brands
= 38 handbags

Not too mention that I had to have matching wristlets and wallets for all of them. I have a thing where I like the bag and the wallet to match or at least be the same color or material. A little obsessive, I know.

I'm already looking forward to my next handbag purchase. It's an expensive habit, yes but soooo much fun!



My prized Coach collection. My favorite is probably the lime green one, but I couldn't really pick a true favorite as that would be like a mother choosing a fave child!



This is where my retirement fund is going. :) Just kidding.

2 comments:

Joanna McGuire said...

I didn't know you had such a big love for handbags. I learn something interesting about you like every week. I love all of them, they are so cute.

The Whitney's said...

I love handbags too! When I got Married I had to get rid of a lot. I'm glad i'm not the only purse collector out there! I totally understand how much you love to buy them. I went to New York once and bought 4 purses, Crazy!