Sunday, December 13, 2009

wonderful christmas time

Ben and I took the weekend to do some Christmas shopping and to finally put up the tree and decorations. We grew some sunflowers out in our garden this summer and the remaining dead flowers look really sad in the yard. So Ben made them look even more pathetic by decorating them as a sad little tree. He thinks its great, I think it looks sad and dead. What do you think?



We also put up our cute little Christmas tree. Someday we may give in and get a full sized one, but for now, this one is the perfect size.



Then we put up the stockings. The cats have four stockings. (two are just toys from last year) and Ben has one. I don't have a stocking here, mine is still at my parent's house.



I love this stocking because the kitty looks like Tiger Lily. Yes we are "those people" who are obsessed with their cats. It's what I have to work with until we have kids, kay?



And here is Ben's cute little stocking. We don't really have a good place to hang them, so they kind of randomly hang from the ceiling all over the living room.

We are almost done with gift shopping. I am very relieved. I am sad to report that due to our work schedules we will not be traveling to Rifle this year. While I am glad to not have to worry about the weather and the roads, I will miss my family. :(

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I agree with you Tori. The tree out front looks sad:( But your Christmas tree is super cute!

Joanna McGuire said...

I love your tree and your fun stockings. I love what ben did with the weeds or whatever you called those things. I hope you have a merry christmas and I miss you like crazy.

Heidi in the making said...

Tori...update your blog! I never get to see you so how else will I know what is going on in your life? :) Or hang out with me, but you must choose one...or else.