Friday, March 6, 2009

Has it been 2 years already?


On Wednesday March 4th, Ben and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary. Coincidentally, my favorite trashy guilty pleasure TV show "America's Next Top Model" was beginning a new cycle at the very place we got hitched two years ago, Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. They had pictures taken in some of the same places we did.
I fear that when I tell people I got married in Vegas, they picture the cheesy drive-thru chapel with the Elvis impersonator. Our wedding was nothing like that. We had an intimate gathering of about 25 people in one of the Italian themed chapels at Caesar's. I wouldn't have had it any other way.

So two years later, we marked the day in a less special way. I had to go to a midterm that morning and then I had class that night, so we really didn't do anything special on our actual anniversary. Ben did make a reservation for Thursday night at Tuscany, so that was our more romantic celebration. We had a nice quiet dinner at a very nice dinner (and thanks to b98.7, we didn't have to pay full price.) Our marriage is stronger than ever, and it was a great to celebrate our time spent and look forward to many more years.

2 comments:

Joanna McGuire said...

Happy 2 Year Anniversary again. You guys are such a cute couple, I am glad you had a nice dinner at Tuscany. You will have to tell me all about it on Monday when we have lunch together. Have a good weekend.

Mary DeMann said...

That is so cute! Happy anniversary!