Sunday, December 21, 2008

Early Christmas

One of my Christmas traditions is to have an early Christmas at my parents house. This tradition started when I complained about never actually opening any gifts at my own house because we always spent Christmas in Rifle with my grandparents. This is nice because I get to have 2 Christmases. So on Saturday, my parents, Ben and I had our early Christmas together.

First we piled in the car together to drive to Bountiful to pick out my big gift. A brand new shiny bike.



Then we kind of regretted only taking one car, because there was no way to fold the seat down and have room for the bike and the four of us. But with some clever maneuvering and the use of some cloth grocery bags, we were able to get the bike home without scratching up the car and without having the bike fall out somewhere on the highway.

I love my new bike and can't wait for the snow to melt so I can ride the crap out of it. It was such a flashback to my childhood, having my parents take me to the store to pick out a bicycle. :)

Otherwise, I was very eager to give Ben his present. I got him a personalized jersey for his favorite soccer team.



All in all, it was a great early Christmas. Now we just have to hope for good weather so we can make it to Rifle to visit my grandparents for real Christmas. I hope you all have a great holiday!

2 comments:

beanjah said...

the coolest part of this christmas tradition is that you spend your christmases in a town called RIFLE. so awesome.

Joanna McGuire said...

Sweet you got a bike, that is awesome!! You will have to ride the crap out of it in the spring, it will be so much fun. I will miss you this week, have a great Christmas and can't wait to see you again.